That's me writing this blog

Sunday 5 January 2014

Hello and Welcome...

This first post serves as an introduction to the author, yours truly, as well as to give some insight as to what you can expect to see on this blog.

My name is Chad Otto and having been interested in art all my life, I decided to go into a creative field of study. I did not want to go study Fine Arts as I had the perception that it was something with limited option, namely; be a poor artist and become famous when you croak, or become an art teacher. Neither option seemed very appealing to me and therefore opted for advertising. I went to study a BA in Creative Brand Communications majoring in Visual Communications at Vega Johnnesburg. That is quite a mouthful, but what it basically means is I created all the imagery, graphics and concepts associated with a brand and its campaign. This includes logos, business cards and signs, print ads, TV ads, clothing, flyers, packaging etc etc. Having that background I decided to do Post Grad Marketing at UCT to be able to stay in the same field but have the ability to move around, preferably up.

This brings me to the contents of this blog; as you may have assumed by the title, I will be discussing all that is advert and brand related within a South African context. Thus I will talk about some of my most hated ads, my favourite ads and some cool ideas in between

DISCLAIMER: This blog is purely based on my "educated" opinion and therefore is not based on facts, so do not engage yourself in heated arguments about something you may have read on this blog as it may lead you be very wrong and consequently look like an idiot.

That being said, I will try keep everything interesting, so stop by regularly and try enjoy it.


Just Joking- it’s Chad

1 comment: